PDP STANDS DOWN ABUJA RALLY OVER APC INCURSIONS
The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has stood down its Presidential Mega Rally earlier scheduled to hold on Saturday, February 9, in Abuja, following the refusal by the All Progressives Congress (APC) led Federal Government and the Buhari Presidency to grant the party access to the venue of the rally.
Kola Ologbondiyan,
National Publicity Secretary of the PDP, and
Director, Media, and Publicity, PDP Presidential Campaign Organization, said in a statement in Abuja.
This, he said, is in spite of the fact that the PDP had made payments to the authorities and obtained official approval to host the mega rally at the Old Parade Ground, Garki, Abuja.
The statement invited Nigerians to document “this provocative action against our party and our presidential campaign by the Buhari Presidency and the APC.
“It is also instructive to state that we had earlier scheduled our Lagos Mega Rally for the Tafawa Balewa Square on Saturday until the Buhari Presidency and the APC came up with the same date forcing our campaign to opt for Abuja.
“We hope they will allow the Lagos Rally to hold on Tuesday.
“The PDP holds that these provocative actions, instead of deterring Nigerians from their determination to vote out President Buhari on February 16, has only succeeded in spurring more compatriots to support the people’s candidate, Atiku Abubakar, to victory”, the statement read.
The PDP appreciated the commitment of Nigerians, particularly those who have already converged in Abuja for the mega rally.
“While we regret the inconveniences caused by the insensitive action of the Buhari Presidency and APC, the statement continued, “we wish to inform that a rescheduled date for the rally will be communicated soon.”
Post Disclaimer
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.