Italian side Inter Milan will offer Ashley Young a one-year deal after the former Manchester United full-back made an impressive start to life in Milan.
Nigerian children gets Brighton and Hove Albion kit support Inter manager Antonio Conte offered the former England skipper an initial six-month presenting him with an escape route from Old Trafford.
The 34-year-old made seven appearances for Inter before football in Italy shut down. Young signed for the remainder of the 2019-20 season with an option for another year, which Inter are ready to trigger.
Read Also: Serie A: Victor Moses Excited At Inter Milian
Anaedoonline.com reported that FIFA president Gianni Infantino on Friday said that “no match” is worth “risking a single human life” and that world football’s governing body would be able to help financially national federations during the coronavirus pandemic.
The majority of top football leagues and international competitions have been suspended due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Infantino insisted that games would not resume until it was safe.
“Our first priority, our principle, the one we will use for our competitions and encourage everyone to follow is that health comes first,” he said in a video message.
“I cannot stress this enough. No match, no competition, no league is worth risking a single human life.”
The German Bundesliga reportedly could restart behind closed doors in May, with players already back in training, while other leagues could also resume in the summer.
Read Also:Vincent Enyeama Eyes South Africa Move
“It would be more than irresponsible to force competitions to resume if things are not 100% safe,” added Infantino.
“If we have to wait a little longer we must do so. It’s better to wait a little bit longer than to take any risks.”
Infantino said that national football associations which are struggling financially would receive help from FIFA’s emergency relief fund.
FIFA last week postponed all international matches scheduled for June.
“We are today in a very strong financial situation,” Infantino said.
“But our reserves are not FIFA’s money. It is football’s money. So when football is in need, we must think what we can do to help… It is our responsibility and our duty.”
Follow us on Facebook
Post Disclaimer
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.