On Saturday, former President Olusegun Obasanjo distanced himself from allegations that he was favoring the Southeast to deliver Nigeria’s next president in 2023.
According to reports, Obasanjo stated that if permitted to produce the country’s president, the Southeast would offer a lot to the table.
When receiving a Presidential aspirant, Mao Ohuabunwa, in Abeokuta, Ogun State, Obasanjo is said to have made the comment.
2023 Presidency: Obasanjo Declares Support For Igbo President
Obasanjo’s spokesperson, Kehinde Akinyemi, however, said that the former President had been misled.
Akinyemi chastised Ohuabunwa for the falsehood in a statement he released.
He accused the Presidential aspirant of using a wrong approach in the bid to achieve his ambition.
The statement reads: “If that was the way the presidential aspirant wanted to approach his ambition; such was a wrong way.
“He came here and the former President received him as a gentleman and in the spirit of his 85th birthday celebrations only for him to go and put words into his mouth. Baba is not that sort of man and if that is the way he wants to fulfil his ambition that is a wrong way.”
Follow us on Facebook
Post Disclaimer
The opinions, beliefs and viewpoints expressed by the author and forum participants on this website do not necessarily reflect the opinions, beliefs and viewpoints of Anaedo Online or official policies of the Anaedo Online.